SEE THE PROGRAM
CONFERENCE - NETWORKING - AWARDS
THE EVENT FOR THE GLOBAL ENGINE AND POWERTRAIN TECHNOLOGY INDUSTRY
SEE THE 2020 AWARD WINNERS
Monday October 25, 2021
6 pm – 7 pm Evening Reception
Tuesday October 26, 2021
9 am – 10 am Registration
10 am – 5 pm Conference
6 pm – 7 pm Evening Reception
7:15 pm – 9:30 pm Awards Dinner
Timings to be confirmed.
Welcome to the third Diesel Progress Summit (DPS), a unique one-day conference and awards dinner for the engine and powertrain technology industry.
The Summit will cover off-highway machinery used in construction, agriculture, mining, forestry, and marine, as well as on-highway commercial vehicles. It will focus on the dramatic changes in engines and powertrains that are being driven by emission regulations and advances in hybrid, electrification and other technologies.
There has never been a greater need for relevant and authoritative information.
DPS 2021 follows the very successful first event in September 2019 and the online event in 2020, and is for machinery and vehicle OEMs, equipment owners, engine manufacturers and distributors, and component and powertrain suppliers.
If you work in engines, powertrains and new power technologies, this is an essential event.
Health and Safety
The health and safety of The Diesel Progress Summit attendees, speakers, sponsors and show staff is of utmost importance. We continue to monitor and follow guidelines from the CDC, State of Illinois and Loews Hotels.
As of August 11, 2021, here is what you can expect at the Diesel Progress Summit
• Masks and facial coverings: To maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, the CDC and Illinois Department of Public Health recommends everyone, regardless of vaccination status, wear a mask indoors if in an area of substantial or high transmission. Cook County (which consists of Chicago and Rosemont, IL) currently has a community transmission rate that is considered SUBSTANTIAL.
• Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the venue and conference areas.
• Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Loews Hotels has created safety protocols that will apply at the event hotel: click here
• Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch areas as well as meeting rooms, corridors and public areas by Loews Hotel staff.
• The Chicago Department of Public Health has issued a travel advisory based on cases per state. The list is updated every other Tuesday. To view the list, click here. Any unvaccinated people traveling from these states and territories are advised to obtain a negative Covid-19 test result no more than 72 hours prior to arrival in Chicago or quarantine for a 10-day period upon arrival. Vaccinated individuals do not need to quarantine or receive a negative test.
• Masks are required on planes, buses, trains and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within or out of the U.S.
This was a fantastic event for us. It’s been pretty overwhelming. I didn’t expect more than 300 for the first one and there were a lot of industry heavyweights. For a first-time event, it has exceeded all my expectations.
Brian Melka, President,
It’s a great opportunity to meet with our customers and OEMs. I’m very impressed. A great turnout, and the conversations and presentations have been really rich.
Misti Hogan, Communications Manager,
John Deere Power Systems
I’m very impressed. It was standing room only in the room and I ran into a lot of people who are the who’s who of the industry.
Ramin Younessi, Group President –
Construction Industries, Caterpillar
There was a lot coming out of it - a very valuable, very good meeting. I didn’t know what to expect coming in to the first Summit, but I’m very pleasantly surprised.
Ray Gallant, Vice President Sales Support, Americas, Volvo CE
I loved the networking opportunities. This was everybody who is interested in eMobility, the future of engines and drivetrains. I was really impressed to see how many people were here – we had relevant customers, relevant OEMs.
Simon Nielsen, Senior Systems Engineer, Danfoss Power Solutions
The event was perfectly organised. A lot of OEMs, manufacturers and distributors – so we could exchange different views and thoughts. We are a local, regional, Bavarian, Germany manufacturer with a global business, so it’s important to see what is happening in the industry and what the big players are doing.
Bernd Krüper, CEO, Motorenfabrik Hatz
There is no question that there is a significant shift underway in our industry. At these pivotal times it’s really important that we come together as an industry to understand the macro trends and how we can adapt. This has been a tremendous day. We’ve heard from many thought leaders and connected with others in our industry.
Katy Zarich, Manager – External Communications, Cummins
QUOTES FROM 2019